Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vecset Prototype

I recently completed the design specs for the Vecset prototype. The next step is to finish debugging the Python code which I wrote some weeks ago, and that code will someday be the Vecscript code editor. When that's done I intend to post to the OLPC mailing lists (games and devel), advertising that I hope to team up with a Python programmer. That programmer's main role is to develop the Linux version of the Vecset prototype, and then building on that prototype to implement Vecset for the XO Laptop. While that programmer is working on the prototype, I will be developing in Java the Vecscript compiler (Vecscript is the built-in scripting language of the Windows version of Vecset). When the prototype is finished, I will translate relevant portions of that code, developing the Java/Windows version of the prototype.

No comments: