Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vecset for the XO

This evening I intend to post a new project announcement on the OLPC Games mailing list for Vecset (which used to be Treenimation). That mailing list is subscribed to by developers of games for the XO Laptop. One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) is manufacturing millions of $175 XO Laptops for schoolchildren in developing countries. A scaled-down version of Vecset will be compatible with the XO Laptop. This version will use Python instead of my own Vecscript as its built-in scripting language, and will not support playing games over the Internet. You can still play multiplayer games with other nearby XO users, over its wireless network.

This weekend I intend to finish debugging my Python code for what will someday become the Vecset Code Editor, and then start translating it into Java. I'm a newbie when it comes to programming in Java. I'm most comfortable programming in Delphi, and I learned Python programming a few months ago.

No comments: